Nazarene Youth International
"Nazarene Youth International exists to attract, equip, and empower young people for service in the kingdom of God and to facilitate their integration into the Church of the Nazarene." The Eastern Kentucky District NYI joins in that mission, as we reach out to the teens and leaders across the district. Christ is the central of who we are, the word of God is our authoritative source for all we do, and holiness is our pattern for life. Being a part of the EKD NYI is a life changing experience for both students and adults What better way to grow in our relationship with Christ than with our fellow friends from our district! Our NYI team strives to help students find that identity in Christ and Christ alone! Our students are inspiring, as they lift each other up and grow together in this time of life, a time of finding their identity and who they are.
Please follow up with us on our social media accounts!
District NYI Convention Packet:
Training for $10: August 18th at MVNU
Come join us at MVNU for Training for 10!
This annual training event is specifically priced and planned for you to bring your youth ministry leadership team (whether there's more than 10, less than 10 or exactly 10!!) for a day of interactive training! We want you to bring your youth ministry team if possible, so start planning now! Space limited to first 120 participants.
- Date: August 18 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Cost: $10 per person, includes handouts, continental breakfast and snacks.
- Register today at this link.
- Need a place to stay? The Mount Vernon Grand Hotel (an MVNU hotel) offers you a 15% discount if you mention that you're coming for an MVNU event.
- Questions? Call 740-392-6868 x4500
Fall Retreat: September 14th-16th at Corbin
Join us this year at Corbin COTN for our annual EKD NYI Fall Retreat!
- Registration and Cost Dates: - Regular Registration: Due by August 24th Student: $65 Adult $45 T-shirt included - Late Registration: August 25th-Event Start Student: $75 Adult $55 T- Shirt not guaranteed
- Registration Form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YjvIAJarFs1vTAWVCZFe9sR--_oUfiJ1/view?usp=sharing - We are working on an online registration form. Thank you for your patience. If you would like to turn in printed forms (linked above), we will take it!
- Event Coordinator: Brad Salyers
- Retreat begins Friday at 8pm and the event will end with lunch Sunday. Pickup/leave time will be around 12:00pm
- Speaker: Ked Frank from Refuge for Women
- Theme: We will be focusing on Human Trafficking during our retreat this year, and learning about what that means and what it means for us as Christ followers and how God can use us to affect those in human trafficking and how the Nazarene church is affecting those in human trafficking. We will be taking donations for Nazarene Compassionate Ministries during retreat, as well as presenting Refuge for Women funds to help continue their safe house ministry in Kentucky.
- Information on Refuge for Women: http://www.refugeforwomen.org/
- Address: 409 Master St, Corbin, KY 40701
We understand that this is a topic that may not always be focused on at a teen event. As an NYI council and District we agree together though that this is important information, and that we can make a difference to those stuck in their situations! We encourage you to have your teens come, and adult leaders come as we all learn and grow together in our knowledge on how God is moving in the lives of those being rescued from Human Trafficking, and how we can be a part of His movement. We look forward to partnering with you all, EKD NMI, Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, and Refuge for Women!
Isaiah 58:6 - “No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free,
and remove the chains that bind people."
Please Contact Brad Salyers at email@example.com with any Fall Retreat questions.
SonFest 2018: Saturday, September 22nd
Register at: https://sonfest.mvnu.edu/
Enjoy some of the best Christian music on two stages, food trucks, inflatable games provided by SuperGames, giveaways, sand volleyball, and more in a great atmosphere. Gates will open at noon on the campus of Mount Vernon Nazarene University.
Nazarene Youth Conference 2019
Registration is now LIVE: Register a student by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with student name and parent/guardian email/
Chaperone Application: Please fill out and send the following document to email@example.com:
Nazarene Youth Conference (NYC) happens once every four years in the Church of the Nazarene for those completing the 8th through 12th grade the summer NYC is held. In July 2019 NYC is being held in Phoenix, Arizona. This is a life-changing event for those who attend. We strongly encourage you to now plan on attending this event. Many of those serving in ministry within the Church of the Nazarene attended and received their call at NYC. Parents/grandparents/ guardians, pastors/NYI Presidents/youth pastors/ youth workers, please do all you can to make this a reality for your student. It’s worth every penny of the investment. Below is just a quick fact sheet for NYC.
We are on Facebook look us up EKD NYC 2019. Any questions about NYC or registration please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For students to register for NYC ’19 we must have a parent/guardian email address.
Cost for NYC ’19 is $1,980
Cost breakdown is:
August 13, 2018 $150 deposit
September 10, 2018 $150 payment
November 12, 2018 $250 payment
January 7, 2019 $250 payment
March 4, 2019 $400 payment
May 7, 2019 $400 payment
June 3, 2019 $380 payment
Make checks out to EKD NYI and send to the following address:
EKD NYI NYC ’19 /Attention: Dwayne & Bethany Mills / 1798 Tug River Rd. Inez, KY 41224
Any adult wishing to attend as an adult chaperone, please look at the EKD NYC 2019 Facebook page for more information.